Here is another great recipe from Carol at BioGirlHealth.com.
With camping season just around the corner I thought I’d share with you a tasty, quick and easy recipe that you can cook right on the coals of you campfire! Try it out on your next family camping trip. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless organic chicken breast – cubed
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup of cut white mushrooms
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 small potatoes, cubed or substitute with 2 bags of gluten and carb-free Miracle Noodles (fettuccini shirataki, rinsed)
- 1/4 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Lydia’s Organic Seasonings
1. In a large bowl, or a large zip-top bag, combine the chicken, onion, mushrooms, yellow pepper, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, and potatoes (or Miracle Noodles). Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice, then mix well.
2. Evenly divide the mixture between 4 large sheets of aluminium foil and season lightly with Lydia’s Organics Seasoning. Top each with another sheet of foil, and roll up the edges tightly. Wrap each packet again, securely in another sheet of foil to double wrap.
3. Cook in the hot coals of a campfire until the chicken is opaque and the potatoes are tender*, around 40 minutes.
*Note: If you are using the Miracle Noodles for this recipe in lieu of potatoes don’t be worried about them getting soggy. They are literally impossible to overcook!