Kimberly Henrie is a wife, mother, grandmother, personal trainer, fitness instructor, yoga teacher, podcaster, voice over talent and a wellness enthusiast. She likes to approach life healthfully, but in a way that is easy to integrate into the lives we live today. Watch this blog for easy solutions to fit into our fast-paced, convenience driven lifestyles. Kim strives to bring peace, a sense of balance and acceptance to what is going on around us so that we can enjoy all that life has to offer.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

VFL Quest Week 2

So we are well into week two of the VFL Quest of eating primarily VFL products/supplements and fresh fruits, veggies, etc.

How's it going?

Well, depends on how you look at it.

1) I'm feeling good. Plenty of energy, feeling my flat (-ish) tummy coming back and muscles are staying strong and fit. I don't use a scale, so don't expect to hear about dropping pounds. But if I drop a pants size, you can bet I'll scream it out loud!

2) Balance. I have definitely confirmed that I am a convenience eater. Especially on my busier days. That is probably why fast food joints have gotten my business back in the day. So, bars, cookies and crackers are easy to grab and consume right on schedule and, unfortunately, when I SHOULD be making a shake or grabbing REAL food. I am proud to say I ate a real orange this morning and it was yummy!

So, I really think that with some persistence this plan will pay off and I can already see it becoming a way of life. Not a diet that I need to get through for just a few more weeks, but an honest to goodness shift in habits that leaves me feeling exceptionally well, healthy and strong.

Now it's time to go find a salad.

No comments: