Kimberly Henrie is a wife, mother, grandmother, personal trainer, fitness instructor, yoga teacher, podcaster, voice over talent and a wellness enthusiast. She likes to approach life healthfully, but in a way that is easy to integrate into the lives we live today. Watch this blog for easy solutions to fit into our fast-paced, convenience driven lifestyles. Kim strives to bring peace, a sense of balance and acceptance to what is going on around us so that we can enjoy all that life has to offer.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TV guru totally off-base

I wanted to throw something at the TV. Because one of my friends/clients is totally hooked on this show, I decided to give it a watch and see what it was all about. I watched an episode and a half of Thintervention on Bravo TV. My husband came home and watched a little of it with me.

At more than one statement that came out of trainer Jackie's mouth, we both just looked at each other with our jaws hanging. It leaves me wondering what her credentials are and if Bravo TV has liability insurance.

More than once, star of the show and trainer, Jackie Warner flat out accused people of lying because they hadn't lost the weight she had expected for the week. One participant even brought up the muscle gain issue and she totally shot it down. She's got these folks on diets between 1200-1500 calories and vigorous workouts. She's starving them! Any trainer worth their salt knows that this is not a healthy or effective way to go for long term weight loss.

And long-term weight loss/lifestyle change is supposedly what this show is about.

Sorry dear friend Kari, I have to give this show 2-thumbs down.

Don't agree with me? That's fine, comment away - let me have it.

No comments: